Mini tummy tuck surgery involves the removal of excess skin below the belly button to the pubic region. The biggest advantage when it comes to mini tummy tuck recovery is that Dr. Mowlavi may simultaneously to also perform VASER high definition liposuction”>high definition liposuction.
This results in only one recovery period for both procedures. If a full tuck is performed, a patient is asked to wait until their results are fully healed before undergoing VASER liposuction.
Another advantage is that it does not involve repositioning of the belly button which often leads to contour irregularities.
Traditional mini tummy tuck recovery includes the following:
- Mini tummy tucks forego wide-undermining ad muscle tightening. As such, there is less discomfort and subsequently appreciate a quicker recovery time of around 10-14 days.
- Custom made compression garments worn for 2-3 weeks. This is used primarily to keep the area tight during the healing process. Also, it minimizes swelling and helps with circulation throughout a mini tummy tuck recovery.
- All of Dr. Mowlavi’s patients are highly encouraged to return to the gym and to begin daily exercise in 1-2 weeks.
- Patients typically return to work following mini tummy tuck recovery in 1-3 weeks.
- For the patients that also had a VASER liposuction, 5 lymphatic massage sessions are scheduled for the week following their surgery to aid in recovery and swelling.
Mini tummy tuck recovery is a major topic of interest for many individuals that are considering whether surgery is right for them.
Please admire the drastic changes in the mini tummy tuck patients below. A free consultation with Dr. Mowlavi is encouraged to provide all the information you may need!
This 52-year-old female 2 months following mini tummy tuck and lateral thigh liposuction. Please note a significant improvement in overall abdominal and thigh contour with a resolution of love handles and thigh prominence.
This patient demonstrates a jump from 6 to 9-10 points.