This is a 56-year-old female before and after her incredible high definition liposuction revision procedure.
Botched liposuction cases performed by less experienced body contouring surgeons are corrected at our office routinely. A gamut of contour irregularities are observed at out center and these include:
- A checkerboard abdomen that describes diffuse areas of indents and prominences that literally look like a checkerboard.
- Divots are created when the surgeon attempts to use traditional liposuction to remove soft tissues from the superficial fatty layer.
- Lumps and bumps describe irregularities that are created when using traditional liposuction since it can not homogeneously and smoothly remove the fat. This results in small areas of overdone and underdone as described by lumps and bumps.
- Underdone areas refer to the fat not being removed comprehensively. Traditional liposuction can only remove the deep fat thus resulting in maintenance of the superficial fat.
- Asymmetric contour occurs when the fat on one side is removed preferentially over the other side. This usually occurs by the surgeon removing the fat more comprehensively on their more dominant hand side. For example, if your surgeon is right-handed, he or she will be more likely to remove the fat from the right side more than the left side thus resulting in asymmetry.
- Aesthetically compromised contour lines occur when your surgeon does not appreciate the ideal aesthetic lines such as the female silhouette.
- Contour irregularities secondary to skin redundancy is a problem that occurs following comprehensive fat removal. With the advent of the VASER, fat is now removed aggressively, making skin redundancy even more of a concern. When redundancy in the skin is not addressed, the redundant skin will not evenly settle, thus creating deformities that are unnatural.
Liposuction revision requires knowledge of aesthetically pleasing contour lines such as the creation of a dramatic waistline by maximally narrowing the waist. Another example involves the creation of a beautiful back and buttock curve as described by the Tilde curve.
Liposuction revision treatment will include smoothing out fat volume or irregularities in skin thickness. When patients present with divots, lumps, or bumps, these cannot be filled in like a painting. Instead, we remove all of the fat universally so that the entire contour is smooth.
Thus the entire skin contour is brought down to a single layer such that no divots, lumps, or bumps, and asymmetry are resolved. In addition, Renuvion technology is used to achieve scar-less skin tightening over all areas of skin redundancy.